"I enjoy developing a personal relationship with my clients – many of whom never imagined they would one day end up in a lawsuit."
Gayle Douglas is a partner with the firm handling a broad range of litigation at the trial and appellate levels. Gayle represents clients in personal injury and death cases arising out of product liability, negligence and wantonness claims. Her practice also includes complex commercial disputes and class action litigation. She has represented hundreds of clients through her work on executive committees in various Multi-District Litigation matters. Gayle has been involved in several high profile cases, including litigation concerning electronic bingo which resulted in a jury verdict in excess of $64 million dollars. This verdict was selected by The National Law Journal as one of the Top 100 Verdicts of 2012. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, she was recognized as a "Rising Star" by Alabama Super Lawyers Magazine, a designation awarded to no more than 2.5% of the lawyers statewide. In 2011, the Alabama State Senate passed a Resolution (No. 11-322) recognizing Gayle L. Douglas for her achievement in the legal profession and granting her their highest commendation. Gayle is committed to giving back to her community. She currently serves as an Attorney Coach for the Teen Court of Jefferson County – a sentencing court for juvenile offenders. She is also a regular volunteer with the Birmingham Volunteer Lawyer’s Program. While at the University of Alabama School of Law, Gayle was a member of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board and the Jessup International Moot Court Team. Gayle was the winner of the Judge Walter P. Gewin Best Brief Award and was awarded the Order of the Barristers for outstanding oral advocacy.
- Class Action & Mass Torts
- Personal Injury & Business Litigation
- Alabama (2002)
- Florida (2003)
- U.S. District Court Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- The Tribal Court for the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar
- Florida Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Inns of Court
- Eight HGD attorneys selected to the 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List
- Gayle Douglas & Erik Heninger recognized by B-Metro Magazine
- Now I lay me down to sleep… Regulations governing children’s sleepwear.
- HGD verdict affirmed by Alabama Supreme Court
- HGD’s Lucky Palace Verdict named as one of the Top 100 Verdicts of 2012