Jacqueline Knapp Burt
"It is important to me that my clients feel that we are teammates aiming for a common goal. Every client is unique, and it is necessary to adapt your approach to a case based on a particular client’s expectations."
~Jacqueline Knapp Burt
Contact Jacqueline Knapp Burt
Jacqueline is a partner in the Atlanta office of Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC. Her practice specializes in intellectual property litigation, especially patent litigation. Jascqueline has experience in a wide range of technologies, including mechanical devices, GPS technology, gaming devices, motion imagery, computer technology, textile products, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. She has practiced before a number of federal courts across the country and was actively involved in a proceeding before the U.S. International Trade Commission in Washington, D.C.
Jacqueline was formerly with Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. and Kilpatrick Stockton LLP. She attended Miami University in Oxford, OH and graduated in 1999 with a B.S. in Applied Science with a specialty in paper science and engineering. Prior to attending law school, Jacqueline worked in the Fine Papers Division of MeadWestvaco in Richmond, VA and has work experience with Champion International and a variety of other paper mills. In 2003, she earned her J.D. from the Georgia State University College of Law. While in law school and as a member of Law Review, Jacqueline authored The Federal Trademark Dilution Act: The Circuit Split Makes a Desperate Call to the Supreme Court for Uniformity, Georgia State University Law Review, Vol. 19 (2003).
- Georgia State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Georgia State University, J.D. 2003
- Miami University (Oxford, OH), B.S., 1999
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Georgia Bar Association
- Honeywell International Inc. v. Denso et al. (S.D. Cal. and ITC Proceeding)
- Honeywell International Inc. v. Furuno et al. (D. Minn)
- Convolve, Inc. v. Dell Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex)
- Interface v. Mohawk et al. (N.D. Ga.)
- Eli Lilly and Co. v. Crabtree et al. (S.D. Ind.)
- Banner Pharmacaps v. Perrigo Co. et al. (M.D. N.C.)