Jeffrey P. Leonard
"Each client representation is different, and the best resolution may not always be the most apparent. I strive to find the most effective and rewarding solution for each client through hard work and creative thinking."
~Jeffrey P. Leonard
Jeff Leonard practices out of the firm’s Birmingham and Atlanta offices and is admitted to practice law in Alabama and Georgia. He graduated cum laude from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2001, where he served as Executive Editor of The Wake Forest Law Review and was selected to the Order of the Coif honor society. He graduated from Vanderbilt University in 1997 with a degree in Biomedical Engineering. Jeff previously lived in Atlanta, Georgia and practiced at King & Spalding and Nelson, Mullins, Riley & Scarborough, where he primarily represented large companies in civil litigation.
He returned to his hometown of Birmingham, Alabama in 2009, joining Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC. His practice focuses on representing individuals and businesses in civil litigation, including contract and other commercial disputes, and consumer class actions. He is also experienced in pharmaceutical, medical device, products liability and environmental litigation in addition to catastrophic injury cases. Jeff has personally handled numerous class actions around the United States. Jeff brings significant and diverse litigation skills to the firm. Jeff has litigated cases pending in state and federal courts, including multi-district litigation (MDL) proceedings, throughout the United States, including Alabama, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Jeff is involved in the community is numerous ways. He serves on the Advisory Board of Directors for the Shepherd Center Hospital, based in Atlanta, Georgia, which specializes in the medical treatment, research and rehabilitation of persons with spinal cord and brain injuries and multiple sclerosis. Jeff is also a dedicated supporter of Children's Harbor of Alabama, which provides free counseling and support services to children with chronic illnesses and their families. He is a member of Canterbury United Methodist Church in Birmingham.
- Class Action & Mass Torts
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury & Business Litigation
- U.S. District Courts, Northern & Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Middle & Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2001, cum laude)
- Executive Editor, Wake Forest Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Vanderbilt University (B.E. Biomedical Engineering 1997)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
Civic Memberships and Affiliations
University of Alabama Student Affairs Leadership Council
Recent Publications and Presentations
Jeff speaks at numerous legal conferences and seminars. He spoke recently at conferences in Phoenix, Arizona (for the American Bar Association) on issues relating to toxic tort and environmental law and in Birmingham, Alabama (for the National Business Institute) on lien and subrogation issues.
- Nine HGD attorneys selected to the 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List
- Jeff Leonard & Callen Sparrow Obtain $350,000 Verdict
- Jeff Leonard to serve on UA Student Affairs Leadership Council
- Jeffrey P. Leonard receives “AV” Peer Review Rating from Lexis Nexis® Martindale-Hubbell®
- Congratulations Jeff Leonard!
- Congratulations to Jeff Leonard and Erik Heninger!