Timothy C. Davis
"I became an attorney because of the awesome responsibilities that come with the job - - to provide counsel to individuals facing challenging circumstances, and to be their advocate before those charged with dispensing justice."
~Timothy C. Davis
Tim has been a courtroom lawyer for his entire legal career. Having begun his career with one of the leading litigation firms in the southeast, Tim stepped immediately from the classroom to the courtroom. He was soon representing individuals in tort actions against major corporations and, by 31 years of age, had been lead counsel in Robins vs. National Security Insurance Company and Williams vs. Arrow International, Inc., cases resulting in seven figure verdicts for his clients. He was soon thereafter appointed by the U.S. District Court to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee representing hemophilia patients who had received HIV-contaminated blood products. The case resulted in a $640,000,000 settlement with several pharmaceutical companies. Tim’s legal practice has broadened dramatically from his initial focus on individual personal injury cases. Along the way, his practice has included representing entire communities harmed by toxic waste. Today, a substantial portion of his practice is in the area of intellectual property where he applies his extensive litigation experience in order to protect the patent rights of inventors. Tim is a 1981 graduate of Florida State University with a degree in Business Administration. He is a 1984 graduate of Cumberland School of Law. He currently serves as the firm’s managing partner. Tim has authored numerous articles and has been a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars. He is a member of local, state and national bar associations and served on the Executive Committee of the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association from 1988 – 2004.
- Class Action & Mass Torts
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury & Business Litigation
- Alabama, 1984
- Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court, 1985
- Northern District of Alabama 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1984)
- Furman University
- Florida State University (B.S., 1981)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- The Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Member: Board of Governors, 1987-1988
- Executive Committee, 1988-2004
- Associate Editor, Alabama Trial Lawyers Journal, 1991
- North Central Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- President, 1990
Sweeney v. Purvis, 665 So.2d 926 (Ala. 1995).
Recent Publications and Presentations
"Distinguishing and Proving Wantonness in Alabama," Alabama Trial Lawyers Journal, Summer, 1988; "Recent Civil Decisions," Birmingham Bar Bulletin, 1986-1997 "Preparation of the Construction Accident Case," ATLA Journal, 1991.
- Heninger Garrison Davis selected as one of the Top Law Firms in Intellectual Property
- Nine HGD attorneys selected to the 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List
- Eight HGD attorneys selected to the 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List
- Timothy Davis selected to be a speaker at National Conference