Wrongful Death

Nothing can ever prepare us for the sudden death of a loved one. Losing someone you love in a fatal accident, through medical negligence or because of a product defect is tragic and emotional.

When another’s negligence or intentional act causes the wrongful death of a loved one, the entire family needs the sound legal advice, dedicated representation and caring support of a thoroughly knowledgeable and experienced lawyer.

Under our civil law, a person is considered negligent if they fail to act as a reasonable person would under same or similar circumstances. Everyone must exercise a duty of care in daily interactions with other people. A wrongful death results because an individual or group of individuals failed to live up to this standard; this is known as the reasonable person standard.

When someone loses his or her life due to the negligence or wrongful act of someone else, the surviving family is deprived of not only affection and companionship, but, in some cases, a financial provider. Wrongful death can be caused by an auto accident, a truck accident, a motorcycle accident, drunk driver, medical malpractice, and other people’s negligence, among other causes. Relatives are often burdened by mental anguish, remaining medical expenses, and funeral expenses. A wrongful death claim can be filed by the surviving spouse, children, or parents of the deceased when their loved one has been killed by the negligence or wrongful act of another person or business.

No dollar amount can be placed on a human life that has been lost. For this reason, claims are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

At Heninger Garrison Davis, we stand up for individuals and families coping with the wrongful death of a loved one. We apply our in-depth understanding of the insurance industry and proven litigation skills to help our clients obtain the full and fair compensation to which they are entitled under the law.

Don’t wait to file your claim. There are limitations for the amount of time allowed to file a wrongful death claim. If you don’t file within the specified limitation period, you may permanently surrender your rights to recover damages for your case.