Steve’s firm, Jackson & Tucker, P.C., has attorneys licensed in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, and District of Columbia, and by becoming Of Counsel with Heninger Garrison Davis, Steve will be able to further expand the scope of his practice on a regional and national basis.
Steve has spearheaded numerous complex civil matters, in both state and federal arenas, including litigating class actions around the country, and serving as co-lead counsel in multi district litigation involving race based premium cases. Notable results in the myriad of areas in which Steve has practiced include several eight figure settlements in class action and mass tort cases, and multiple seven figure recoveries for individual cases involving wrongful death, product liability, pharmaceutical drug injury, traumatic brain injury, medical negligence, and eighteen-wheeler accidents. Presently, Steve concentrates his practice on mass torts and cases involving catastrophic physical injuries or death.
Steve has been a regular member of the Birmingham Medical Liaison Committee since 1993, serving as its Chair in 2009.
- Alabama (1983)
- Georgia (1984)
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Middle & Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Courts Northern & Southern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D. 1983)
- Birmingham-Southern College (B.A. 1979) – Member of Tennis Team
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Birmingham Bar Association (Medical Liaison Committee)
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association or Justice
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- SuperLawyers (2008-2009, 2011-2012)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Life Member
- Harris v. Brewer, 487 So.2d 252 (Ala. 1986)
- Washington v. Massey Business Prod., Inc., 576 So.2d 181 (Ala. 1991)
- Johnson v. Passmore, 581 So.2d 830 (Ala. 1991)
- Eaton v. Keller Plumbing Co., 587 So.2d 830 (Ala. Civ. App. 1991)
- Terry v. NTN-Bower Corp., 615 So.2d 629 (Ala. Civ. App. 1992)
- Teague v. Adams, 638 So.2d 836 (Ala. 1994)