While he enjoyed these rewarding roles, he wanted to represent people in other ways. He returned to law school, attending school in the evening, while working full time during the day.
Bill has practiced his entire legal career with the same firm. He uses his medical background in his focused practice area, fighting for clients daily primarily in cases involving defective pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Bill and his firm represent thousands of clients from all 50 states. All current cases are listed on the firm website.
In addition to present representation of clients, Bill has been involved in the resolution of cases for many thousands of persons over the past 16 years. Bill prides himself in his devotion to representing clients in a caring manner. He is always available to speak and assist clients, and does so on a daily basis.
When not practicing law, Bill enjoys time with his family. He and his wife, Sonya, have four children ranging in age from seven to 33 years of age. (They also have three grand-children.) Bill enjoys travel, trips to the lake, and reading. He and Sonya are also members of Hunter Street Baptist Church.
- Alabama, 1999
- U.S. District Court
- Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Birmingham School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (B.S., Psychology and Classics, 1982)
- University of Alabama, Birmingham (B.S., Nursing, 1987; M.B.A., 1990)
- Nursing License, Alabama, 1987
- Real Estate License, Alabama, 2003
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Health Lawyers Association