Jeanie S. Sleadd
Phone: (205) 326-3336
Fax: (205) 326-3332
Jeanie Sleadd is a passionate and personable attorney who practices in the firm’s mass tort and class action group. Jeanie is a fierce advocate for her clients, representing individuals from all over the country who have been injured economically or physically by big companies. Jeanie’s practice also extends to other areas of law, including product liability, contract disputes, and ERISA cases. She has extensive experience in these areas that includes appellate work in the Eleventh Circuit and the US Supreme Court.
As an advocate for her clients, Jeanie has traveled extensively throughout the country, building strong relationships with clients and providing them with the highest level of legal representation. One quality that sets Jeanie apart is her ability to connect with people from all walks of life. Whether she’s sharing jabs with a client from the Midwest who’s a big Ohio State football fan (Jeanie is a rabid Alabama football fan), or just chatting with a special client from Wisconsin who calls to hear her “Southern accent,” Jeanie’s favorite part of her job is forming meaningful relationships with her clients.
Jeanie is not only a passionate attorney, but she’s also a passionate community leader. As a college student, Jeanie spent her summers working at a law firm in her hometown of Eufaula where she received vital mentorship that she still calls upon today. She believes in paying it forward and has spent time mentoring students from Parker High School and her alma maters Birmingham-Southern College and The University of Alabama Law School. Her dedication to mentoring and civic engagement at all levels has earned her recognition as one of the “Women Who Shape the State of Alabama” in 2019.
Overall, Jeanie brings a unique blend of legal expertise and personal charm to her practice. Her ability to connect with clients and her commitment to giving back make her a valuable asset to the firm and to the legal profession as a whole.
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2017
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Alabama Law Review, Senior Editor
- Bench and Bar Association
- Birmingham-Southern College (B.A. History and Political Science, 2009, magna cum laude)
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Women Lawyers Section
Civic memberships and affiliations
- The Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Birmingham-Southern College Young Alumni Council
- Downtown YMCA Advisory Board
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Mid-South Super Lawyer Rising Star 2017 – 2022
- Best Lawyers in America 2023
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch 2023
- B-Metro’s Top Women Lawyers 2015 – 2022
- “Women Who Shape the State of Alabama” 2019