Lee Gresham is a native Alabamian who has the rare distinction of having attended both of the state’s largest universities. He attended Auburn University, where he earned a degree in English, and the University of Alabama, where he earned his law degree. Since graduating from law school, Lee has devoted the last 30 years to representing individuals and businesses in complex injury, product liability, toxic exposure, business cases and commercial disputes. Lee has represented numerous individuals who have developed serious injuries or who have died as a result of exposure to asbestos and to other toxic substances, and he has represented hundreds of individuals who have been injured as a result of medical negligence or from taking dangerously defective pharmaceutical drugs.
Lee regularly represents individuals and companies in complex cases involving securities fraud, breach of contract, shareholder claims, business interference, and other types of commercial disputes. Lee takes a personal interest in his clients and their needs, and he believes that getting to know his clients is critical to his role as an advocate and as a counselor. In addition to his work as a “trial lawyer,” Lee has served as corporate counsel for two national companies and one international company, and he served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a successful retail company. He has earned an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the premier rating publication for lawyers, which means that he has been recognized by other lawyers for achieving “the height of professional excellence” and for exhibiting “the highest levels of skill and integrity.” Lee has been recognized as a Top Lawyer by B-Metro magazine, and he was chosen to be a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Alabama and as a member of Lawyers of Distinction.
When he is not practicing law, Lee loves to spend time with his family, play golf, exercise, read novels, watch football and basketball, and teach “Sunday School” at his church, Mountain Brook Community Church. Lee and his wife, Barclay, have been married for 24 years, and they have a daughter, Brooke, who is a sophomore in college, a son, Dru, who is a sophomore in high school, a Havanese dog, and two cats.
“In addition to my role as an advocate on my clients’ behalf, I feel I have a duty and a responsibility to give my clients wise counsel and practical advice.”
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Alabama (J.D., 1988)
- Dean’s Advisory Committee
- Food and Drug Law Book Award
- Auburn University (B.A., English 1985)
- Squires Honor Society
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Alabama State Bar (Environmental Law Section)
- Birmingham Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) (Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts)
- Sustaining Member of the Alabama Association for Justice (ALAJ)
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- Member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States
- DaimlerChrysler Corp. v. Ferrante, 637 S.E.2d 659 (Ga. 2006)
- Carter v. Innisfree Hotel, Inc., 661 So.2d 1174 (Ala. 1995)