For years, the Valley Grande personal injury attorneys of Heninger Garrison Davis have dedicated our practice to helping people who have suffered injuries due to no fault of their own.
We understand the challenges that follow an accident can feel overwhelming both physically and mentally. We’ll work tirelessly to ensure you receive the maximum financial recovery available.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Valley Grande are here to guide you – with compassion, diligence, and experience.
Getting your life back on track starts with a timely resolution of your case. Let us help.
Proving Liability in a Pedestrian Crash
In a pedestrian accident claim, the injured party (the plaintiff) must prove negligence on the part of the driver. This means showing the driver acted carelessly or recklessly behind the wheel.
Common examples of driver negligence in pedestrian crashes include:
- Speeding in areas with high pedestrian traffic
- Distracted driving, such as texting or intoxicated driving
- Disobeying traffic signals and stop signs
- Not yielding the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks
If the plaintiff can show the driver failed to operate their vehicle responsibly, the driver may be found liable for any resulting injuries and damages. However, other factors may be at play. Defective brakes, another motorist, or even faulty traffic signals could have been contributing factors.
A pedestrian accident attorney in Valley Grande can investigate your accident to pinpoint the cause. This will help to identify all liable parties.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Valley Grande, call us today (205) 326-3336
Damages Available in Valley Grande Pedestrian Claims
In a successful pedestrian accident claim, the liable driver’s insurance company will provide a settlement intended to cover the full extent of your losses.
Your pedestrian injury lawyer in Valley Grande can help you seek compensation for a wide range of damages, such as:
This includes immediate emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, ongoing specialist treatment, assistive devices, and more. Your lawyer will work with doctors to obtain detailed records proving the extent of accident-related care and costs.
If injuries prevent you from working for a period of time, you can claim lost wages. Your attorney will calculate this based on pay stubs and tax records. If injuries cause permanent disability that reduces future earning capacity, this can also be claimed.
Pain and Suffering
Compensation can be sought for physical pain and emotional distress stemming from the accident and injuries. The more evidence presented regarding the trauma, treatment difficulties, lifestyle impact, and prognosis, the higher this payout may be.
Long-Term Care and Rehabilitation
Certain catastrophic injuries like brain trauma, spinal cord damage, amputation, or severe burns require extended specialty rehab and care. Your lawyer will seek adequate compensation for these substantial costs.
Loss of Quality of Life
If permanent disability inhibits mobility or normal daily functioning, compensation can address the impact on lifestyle and enjoyment. Damages account for loss of independence, activities, hobbies, and fulfillment.
Maximizing your payout requires collecting extensive evidence to prove the true severity, duration, and impact of the accident on your life. An experienced attorney will handle this vital task from start to finish while you focus on healing.
Injuries Commonly Claimed in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Being struck by a vehicle while walking can lead to serious and even catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a pedestrian in an accident in Valley Grande, you may have a personal injury claim.
An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can help maximize your financial recovery.
Here are the most common injuries we claim:
- Broken bones: Pedestrians often suffer broken bones in legs, arms, hips, and ribs from the impact of a vehicle.
- Head trauma: Head injuries include concussions, skull fractures, traumatic brain injuries, bleeding and swelling. This causes cognitive deficits, headaches, and vision issues.
- Spinal cord injuries: Vertebrae fractures or severed nerves cause paralysis and loss of function. Requires substantial care and rehabilitation.
- Organ damage: Collision impact can rupture organs like the liver, kidneys, and spleen. Internal bleeding is serious, so immediate medical attention is important.
- Amputation: Severe leg and arm injuries may require amputation. Prosthetics, physical therapy, and disability aids can be claimed.
- Burn injuries: Friction with the road and hot vehicle parts can cause disfiguring burns requiring skin grafts.
Why Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
The aftermath of being hit by a car can be extremely challenging. You may be facing surgery, inability to work, major healthcare bills, and decreased mobility. All while struggling with emotional trauma.
A pedestrian accident lawyer will handle every aspect of your injury claim so you can focus on healing. An attorney will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into how the crash occurred
- Accurately complete all legal paperwork in a timely manner
- Handle all contact with insurance companies and opposing parties
- Assess all available evidence to build the strongest case
- Determine all liable parties and pursue maximum compensation
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance adjusters
- Be prepared to take the case to trial if needed
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Law Firm in Valley Grande for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a pedestrian crash, take action now to protect your rights. The dedicated pedestrian accident lawyers of Heninger Garrison Davis offer compassionate guidance based on decades of combined experience in Valley Grande and beyond.
We will conduct a free case review to analyze the details of what happened and determine the best options available. Our main goal is to secure the maximum compensation so you can move forward as seamlessly as possible.
Contact us at our Birmingham-based law firm for a compassionate, honest evaluation of your situation. You pay nothing unless we secure results for you. Let us handle the legal matters so you can focus fully on healing.