If you have been sexually abused by a clergy member, teacher, or coach, you deserve justice and financial remedies for the immoral and unlawful treatment you’ve endured. Although taking legal action against abuse can be difficult, especially if you’re still processing the trauma you’ve been burdened with, an experienced attorney can simplify the process.
Even if you feel you are not ready to file a suit, schedule a free, no-obligation meeting with a compassionate sexual abuse lawyer from Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC. They can determine if you have grounds for a claim and offer advice on your best course of action moving forward.
What Is Considered Sexual Abuse?
If you believe you are a victim of sexual abuse but aren’t sure if what you experienced qualifies as sexual abuse under the law, you’ll want to consult with a sexual abuse lawyer. They can listen to your story and help you determine if you should take legal action against the offending party.
Broadly speaking, sexual abuse is behavior or contact of a sexual nature that is performed without the other party’s consent. Sexual abuse can include unwanted sexual touching, forced sexual acts, attempted rape, and nonconsensual penetration.
Abuse Can Happen Anywhere
Abuse may occur in a number of different situations. Consider reaching out to a knowledgeable Alabama sexual abuse lawyer if you’ve experienced sexual abuse in any of the following settings:
- A school teacher’s classroom
- Organized sports associations
- Medical office or facility
- Nursing home
If you’ve been sexually abused by someone in one of the settings listed above, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit for compensation. A sexual abuse lawyer can meet with you to discuss your experience, determine if you’re entitled to financial remedies, and create a legal strategy geared towards getting the justice and results you deserve.
How a Skilled Sexual Abuse Attorney from Our Firm Can Help You
Experiencing sexual abuse in any setting can leave you with emotional damage, physical injuries, and financial losses. Fortunately, our attorneys can take the steps necessary to obtain justice and compensation for the suffering and losses you’ve endured.
The lawyers on our team have represented victims of abuse and other injustices since 2006 and have recovered over $3 billion. You can trust that our team has the experience and legal skills to represent your best interests throughout the legal process.
Here’s what a highly qualified attorney can do to ensure your case goes smoothly:
- Provide compassionate and patient legal advice
- Investigate the abuse you experienced
- Collect medical records, witness testimony, and other forms of evidence to build a strong case on your behalf
- Take your case to trial and fight for justice in the courtroom
- Comply with Alabama’s filing deadlines and requirements
Financial Remedies Available to Victims of Sexual Abuse
When you meet with an attorney from our team, they’ll ask you about the financial losses and negative emotional impacts you’ve suffered due to sexual abuse. The testimony and evidence you provide can help them secure the correct amount of compensation.
If your case is successful, you could receive the following financial remedies:
- Lost wages: If you had to take time off from work to recover from the sexual abuse you experienced, these damages can help make up for the income you missed out on during your leave.
- Medical expenses: If you suffered a physical injury from sexual abuse, these damages can pay for your medical care, including hospitalization, doctor’s appointments, medications, and more.
- Emotional distress: Experiencing sexual abuse can make you feel helpless and may lead to deep psychological issues. If you’ve experienced emotional distress as a result of the abuse you’ve suffered, these damages can help you cope with the trauma and psychological consequences you’re dealing with.
- Punitive damages: Depending on your situation, your attorney may seek punitive damages to punish the offending party and deter others from committing similar offenses in the future. An Alabama sexual abuse lawyer can determine if these damages are appropriate for your case.
Our firm believes that sexual abuse victims shouldn’t have to pay outrageous attorney’s fees just to get access to the damages listed above. That’s why our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. Instead of charging you an upfront fee, we’ll take a portion of your settlement. In other words, “We Only Get Paid if We Win for You.”
Meet With an Experienced Sexual Abuse Lawyer for Free
Experiencing sexual abuse can be physically harmful, demoralizing, damaging to your emotional well-being, and even detrimental to your financial stability. Dealing with these pressures can make filing a claim seem impossible. Luckily, the team at Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC can make the legal process affordable and as stress-free as possible.
To find out if you’re eligible to take legal action against your abuser, contact our firm today. We’ll schedule a free consultation for you to speak with a skilled sexual abuse lawyer from our firm. They’ll ask you about the injustices you’ve experienced, answer any questions you have, and advise you on your legal options.