Selma Lyft Accident Lawyer
Severe injuries resulting from Lyft accidents can have life-altering consequences for victims and their families. If a negligent rideshare driver caused the collision that injured you, you deserve a fair settlement. However, Insurance companies and even Lyft itself may try to shift blame and liability, making it crucial to enlist the help of a Selma car accident lawyer.
At Heninger Garrison Davis, we recognize the unique challenges injured victims face in the aftermath of a serious accident. Whether you were injured as a passenger, a pedestrian, or the driver of another vehicle, our experienced attorneys are here to provide the legal assistance you need during this difficult time.
Keep reading to learn more about Lyft accidents, or contact us now for a free consultation.
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries After a Selma Lyft Accident?
Determining which insurance coverage applies can be complicated in the aftermath of a rideshare accident involving a Lyft vehicle. The insurance coverage provided by rideshare companies can vary based on the driver’s status during the crash.
The Lyft driver might be:
- Unavailable on the app: If the driver is not logged into the rideshare app, filing a claim with the driver’s personal or commercial auto insurance policy may be necessary.
- Logged on and available: If the driver is logged in and waiting for a customer, both Lyft and the driver’s insurance can contribute to coverage, with liability coverage of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident.
- Driving to pick up a passenger: If the driver is en route to pick up a passenger, Lyft’s liability coverage increases to up to $1 million.
- Transporting a passenger: If one or more passengers are riding in the vehicle, Lyft’s liability coverage remains at up to $1 million. However, rideshare companies may dispute responsibility, making professional legal representation vital.
At Heninger Garrison Davis, our experienced Selma rideshare accident attorney will work to uncover the details of the accident and hold the correct parties accountable.
Potential Damages in an Alabama Lyft Accident Case
After a car accident involving a Lyft vehicle, various damages may be available to you as an injured victim. Your Selma car accident attorney will meticulously evaluate your case to ensure that you pursue full compensation for your injuries and losses arising from the accident.
The compensation you could receive depends on the specifics of your situation but may encompass the following:
- Medical bills: This category includes immediate medical care, hospital stays, surgical procedures, follow-up appointments, medical tests, prescription medications, and necessary medical equipment.
- Property damage: If your vehicle sustained damage in the collision, you have the right to claim the repair or replacement costs. Additionally, if personal possessions within the vehicle were damaged or lost, such as electronics or clothing, you may seek compensation to replace those items.
- Lost wages: If the accident and resulting injuries led to missed work, client losses, or business interruptions, you can seek compensation for the income you missed out on during your recovery period.
- Decreased earning capacity: Serious car accidents can result in permanent disabilities from traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord damage, and other catastrophic injuries. Depending on the permanence of these injuries, you could recover damages for their impact on your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries from motor vehicle accidents can result in enduring pain and potential disability. Our attorneys will collaborate with medical professionals and experts, as necessary, to understand the effect your injuries will have on your overall well-being and quality of life.
- Emotional distress: Car accidents can trigger significant emotional turmoil, including anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). You may be eligible to pursue compensation for the psychological consequences of the accident.
- Wrongful death: After losing a loved one in a fatal accident, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim.
- Punitive damages: In wrongful death cases and other personal injury claims where the at-fault party’s actions were particularly egregious, the court may award punitive damages.
Our dedicated personal injury team is committed to helping you recover the maximum compensation available in your case.
Alabama’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims
Alabama has a statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including those arising from auto accidents. Barring unique circumstances, you must file your claim within two years of the incident or risk losing your right to recover financial compensation.
While the time limit applies to most personal injury cases, certain exceptions exist that could extend or shorten the window of opportunity. One of our attorneys can tell you exactly how much time you have left during your initial consultation.
Even if you have two years to take action, it’s best to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Getting started early will give your lawyer time to gather evidence and build a strong case.
A Lyft Accident Lawyer in Selma, AL, Can Review Your Case
If you’ve suffered injuries due to a Lyft accident, the complexities of rideshare accident claims necessitate skilled legal representation. Heninger Garrison Davis is committed to supporting you through these challenges and advocating for your rights and well-being.
Our Selma Lyft accident attorneys have the experience and knowledge required to handle insurance companies and large corporations like Lyft while you focus on healing. Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you! Contact us today for a free case evaluation.