Selma Uber Accident Lawyer
Have you recently been involved in an Uber accident in Selma, AL? Dealing with the aftermath of a collision can be overwhelming, especially when you are injured. While you may be entitled to compensation, the legal process is complex when dealing with a large rideshare company like Uber. That’s where a Selma Uber accident lawyer can help.
After a car accident involving an Uber driver, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced attorney who can protect your rights and guide you through the claims and litigation process. At Heninger Garrison Davis, we want you to focus on your recovery while our legal team handles the complexities of your case.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Determining the Cause of a Selma Uber Accident
Whether you were injured as an Uber passenger or driving another vehicle, our Selma car accident attorney could investigate the accident, gather evidence, and work with accident reconstruction experts to pinpoint what happened.
Driver error is a common cause of auto accidents. The most common causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Distracted or fatigued driving
- Failure to yield
Even when the accident is clearly the Uber driver’s fault, disputes about insurance coverage often arise. We understand the intricacies of Uber accident cases and the unique challenges they present.
Determining Liability After a Selma, AL, Uber Accident
After an Uber accident in Selma, determining liability can be a complex process. Several parties, including the Uber driver, other motorists, or even the rideshare company, could be liable.
If the Uber driver’s negligence led to the accident, they may be responsible for the damages. Uber drivers are required to have their own insurance. However, the insurance coverage that applies will vary based on the circumstances surrounding the collision, such as whether the rideshare app was off or on.
In some instances, Uber’s one-million-dollar insurance policy may cover the collision. One of our experienced attorneys will carefully assess all aspects of the accident to identify all liable parties and pursue the maximum compensation available in your case.
Recoverable Damages in a Selma Uber Accident Claim
After a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for several types of damages. Your Selma Uber accident attorney will calculate the value of your case to ensure that you seek full compensation for your injuries and accident-related losses.
The amount you could receive depends on the specifics of your case, but available compensation may include:
- Medical expenses: This category includes emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, follow-up appointments, tests, medication, and medical equipment.
- Property Damage: If your car was damaged in the collision, you can claim the repair or replacement cost. If you had personal belongings in the vehicle that were destroyed, such as a laptop or clothing, you could also seek compensation for the cost of replacing those items.
- Lost Wages: If the collision and resulting injuries caused you to miss work or lose clients or customers, you can pursue compensation for that loss of income.
- Decreased earning capacity: Serious car accidents sometimes lead to long-lasting conditions, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) or spinal cord damage, that prevent you from returning to your previous job. Depending on the severity and permanence of your injuries, you could recover compensation for this damage.
- Pain and suffering: Motor vehicle accident injuries can cause chronic pain and even disability or disfigurement. Our attorneys will work with your healthcare providers and other experts if needed to understand the impact your injuries will have on your quality of life.
- Emotional distress: Car accidents can lead to significant emotional distress, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). You may be eligible to seek compensation for the psychological impact of the crash on your mental well-being.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one in a fatal Uber accident, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. Recoverable damages in such cases can include funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and the emotional toll of losing a family member.
- Punitive damages: In rare situations where the at-fault party acted egregiously, the court may award punitive damages on top of the compensatory damages we’ve already mentioned.
Every accident is unique, and the settlement or court award you could receive will depend on factors like the permanence of your injuries and the circumstances of the collision. Enlisting the help of an experienced attorney from Heninger Garrison Davis will ensure you are fully compensated based on the circumstances of your case.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Alabama
Alabama Code § 6-2-38 sets the time limit for personal injury cases at two years from the accident date. Barring unique circumstances, failing to file a lawsuit before the deadline may prevent you from recovering compensation.
Our Selma Uber accident attorney can tell you exactly how long you have to take legal action during your free case evaluation.
Reaching out to us soon after a collision will ensure you file the necessary paperwork within the state’s statute of limitations and meet other applicable deadlines. It will also give us time to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
Contact an Uber Accident Attorney in Selma, AL
If you’ve been involved in an Uber accident in Selma, AL, don’t face the insurance battles and legal issues alone. Our Selma Uber accident lawyer is here to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Take the first step towards justice and fair compensation by reaching out to our experienced legal team at Heninger Garrison Davis. We offer a free consultation to discuss the details of your case and provide personalized guidance on the best way forward. Time is of the essence, so don’t delay.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.