Walking down the street shouldn’t be dangerous, but unfortunately, it can be when other people are negligent in their actions. Our team of Selma, AL, pedestrian accident attorneys at Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC can advocate for you to recover the damages you need after you’ve been injured as a pedestrian.
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, let our Selma, AL, personal injury attorneys take care of the stressful legal tasks while you heal. We can give you a free in-person or video consultation to evaluate your situation.
How do Pedestrian Accidents Occur in Selma, AL?
Any type of accident can result in a pedestrian accident if negligence is involved. However, certain types of negligence that lead to pedestrian accidents are more common than others. Some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Motorists using mobile devices, adjusting the radio, or engaging in other distractions may fail to notice pedestrians crossing the road.
- Speeding: Drivers who exceed the speed limits have a reduced ability to stop in time when pedestrians are present, leading to severe collisions.
- Failure to yield: Motorists failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at crosswalks or intersections can cause accidents.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Intoxicated drivers have impaired judgment and reaction times, posing a significant risk to pedestrians.
- Poor road conditions: Uneven sidewalks, poorly marked crosswalks, and lack of proper lighting can increase the likelihood of pedestrian accidents.
- Reckless driving: Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating or running red lights, endanger pedestrians on the streets.
You could have a valid Selma, AL, pedestrian accident case if you suffered injuries for any of the above-mentioned reasons. The sure way to know is to get in touch with one of our Selma, AL, pedestrian accident lawyers at Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC.
For a free legal consultation, call us today (205) 326-3336
Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accidents in Alabama
According to Ala. Code § 6-2-38, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the incident date. Failing to file a claim within this period may result in losing the right to seek compensation. However, certain exceptions might apply based on the case’s specific circumstances.
One of our Selma, AL, pedestrian accident lawyers can tell you exactly how long you have to file your claim when you meet with them.
Damages Our Firm Can Recover for You After a Selma Pedestrian Accident
After you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, our attorneys can help you identify the damages you’re eligible for. Our Selma, AL, pedestrian accident lawyers could help you recover damages such as:
Beyond physical injuries, pedestrian accidents can inflict profound psychological and emotional trauma on you. The aftermath of such incidents may lead to a range of emotional struggles, including anxiety, depression, fear, sleep disturbances, and a sense of helplessness. Coping with these psychological impacts can be as challenging as dealing with physical injuries.
Pain and Suffering
Pedestrian accidents often result in immense physical pain and mental anguish for those involved. You may endure suffering from the immediate shock of the collision to the long-term effects of injuries. Chronic pain, limited mobility, and the disruption of daily activities contribute to the overall toll on your well-being.
Pedestrian accidents can result in severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Medical expenses can quickly escalate from emergency care and hospitalization to surgeries, medications, therapy, and ongoing rehabilitation. The financial strain of these medical bills can be overwhelming for you and your family.
As a consequence of the injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident, you may face a significant period when you cannot work. The inability to earn a living during the recovery period can lead to lost wages, adding to the financial hardships you are going through.
Decreased Earning Capacity
Some pedestrian accidents cause permanent injuries that may impact your ability to return to your previous occupation or work in the same capacity. The long-term consequences of such injuries can lead to diminished earning potential and career prospects, further affecting your financial stability.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could be eligible for additional damages. Our team is ready to examine your case, tell you what damages you can recover, and estimate your potential settlement.
How a Selma Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Selma, seeking legal representation is the first step you should take to protect your rights and pursue fair compensation. Here’s how our experienced Selma, AL, pedestrian accident lawyers can assist you:
- Investigation and evidence gathering: We conduct a thorough investigation to gather evidence, including accident reports, witness testimonies, surveillance footage, and subject expert analyzes, to establish liability.
- Determining liability: Our skilled attorneys assess the facts of the case to identify the at-fault parties, such as negligent drivers, municipalities, or even product manufacturers in some cases.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: We handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies to make sure they do not take advantage of your situation and that they offer fair settlements.
- Calculating damages: Our legal team evaluates the full extent of your losses, considering medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other damages, to pursue adequate compensation.
- Trial representation: While we strive to achieve fair settlements, we are always prepared to take the case to trial if necessary to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation After Your Selma Pedestrian Accident
At Heninger Garrison Davis, LLC, we care about your financial and physical injury recovery. That’s why our team of Selma, AL, pedestrian accident lawyers is ready to fight for you to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today to get a free case consultation with one of our lawyers.