Slip and Fall Accidents
Falling in a public place due to unsafe conditions or hazards can be traumatic, both physically and emotionally. As you cope with injuries and doubts about the future, a knowledgeable Selma slip and fall accident attorney can ease some of the burden.
The Selma personal injury lawyers of Heninger Garrison Davis understand the difficulties injury victims face. In addition to helping relieve financial stress by shouldering the costs of building your case, we negotiate aggressively with insurance providers to maximize the compensation you deserve.
With years of experience investigating and litigating slip and fall accident claims, we work hard to gather evidence proving fault, obtain all relevant medical records, and locate expert witnesses to support your case. Whether reaching an optimal settlement or proceeding to trial, we will fight to ensure you are fairly compensated for your injuries and losses.
How a Lawyer Can Help After an Injury
Lawyers do more than represent people in trial. They also shoulder the burden of the costs of filing a claim, negotiate aggressively with insurance companies, and handle contact with all parties involved so you can focus on your physical health.
Further, our slip and fall accident lawyers in Selma can help maximize your compensation. We will:
Build a Strong Case
After an initial consultation, your accident attorney will work to build a strong case by:
- Gathering evidence: We will inspect the location where you fell, take photos and measurements, and obtain witness information and any available video evidence.
- Investigating liability: Your slip and fall attorney in Selma will conduct research to determine if the property owner failed to maintain a safe premise and address a known dangerous condition. We also determine all sources of liability to ensure you can pursue all avenues of compensation.
- Obtaining medical records: All of your treatment records, bills, imaging reports and doctor notes will be compiled to document the full extent of your injuries and costs.
- Locating expert witnesses if needed: For complex cases, an attorney may hire an engineering or safety expert to pinpoint code violations or negligence.
Aggressively Negotiate a to Reach a Higher Settlement on Your Behalf
Our experienced Selma slip and fall lawyers have dealt with insurance adjusters many times and know how to obtain the most favorable settlement for their clients. We will:
- Properly value your claim based on the severity of your injuries, medical bills, and lost wages.
- Provide a detailed demand letter to the at-fault party explaining why they are liable and the basis for the settlement amount requested.
- Refuse lowball offers and negotiate aggressively to get as close to the full value of your claim as possible.
- Protect you from any allegations of fault in your accident
Without an attorney, insurance companies often take advantage of injury victims who lack legal knowledge and offer an unreasonably low settlement. You can protect yourself and the value of your claim by working with a Selma attorney who is experienced in slip and fall accident cases.
Pursue a Lawsuit if Necessary
Even if a settlement cannot be reached, a Selma premises liability lawyer can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and take the case to trial if needed. We will:
- Draft and file all legal documents for your case.
- Depose important witnesses under oath to discover facts that support your claim.
- Present your case to a judge or jury and argue why you deserve to be fully compensated.
Injury victims who attempt to litigate a case alone often lose important rights, miss deadlines, and harm their chances of success. Your personal injury attorney can preserve your rights and your claim.
For a free legal consultation, call us today (205) 326-3336
What Damages Are Available in a Slip and Fall Claim in Alabama?
Unlike insurance adjusters who aim to pay as little as possible, we aim to recover the full extent of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Some of the damages you recover may include:
In a slip and fall claim in Alabama, the following damages may be available:
- Medical expenses: This includes all past and future costs for necessary medical treatment, There is no cap on medical damages in Alabama.
- Property damage: Reimbursement for damage to personal property sustained in the fall, such as broken eyeglasses, damaged cell phone, or torn clothing
- Lost wages: If the injury prevented the victim from working or resulted in reduced income, lost wages from the time of the accident until maximum medical improvement can be recovered.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation is available for physical pain, mental anguish, discomfort, anxiety, depression, stress, and loss of enjoyment of life caused by the injuries. There is no set formula, and awards vary case by case.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Selma, contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible is recommended. We can evaluate the full extent of your damages, build a strong liability case against negligent property owners, and maximize your potential recovery through negotiations or litigation.
Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm in Selma, Alabama Today
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere from a retail store, grocery store to a restaurant or hotel. If you have been injured due to a fall due to a dangerous condition, you need legal representation from an experienced Selma personal injury attorney.
Working with a Selma slip and fall accident attorney after a fall injury can greatly improve your odds of maximizing the settlement or jury verdict you receive. Our aggressive, client-focused attorneys can gather evidence, build a strong liability case and fight hard on your behalf to obtain the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost income.
Don’t depend on the insurance company to do the right thing. You may risk leaving money on the table. Contact Heninger Garrison Davis today for a free consultation with no obligation to learn how we can help you.