Tragic truck accidents that cause serious injuries are all too common on the roads in Alabama. As one of the major freight corridors in the United States, large semi-trucks hurtle down the highway at high speeds just feet away from family vehicles.
When a collision occurs, the consequences can be absolutely devastating. No one understands this better than Valley Grande truck accident lawyers of Heninger Garrison Davis. With decades of combined experience, we have witnessed the life-changing results of collisions involving commercial vehicles.
From discovering the real cause of a crash to fighting insurance companies nationwide for clients, our passion is seeking justice on behalf of victims. Our personal injury lawyers in Valley Grande may be able to help you, too.
Let Us Fight for You
At Heninger Garrison Davis, our truck accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in Valley Grande and beyond. Trust us to investigate your collision, build a strong case, and advocate passionately for your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Valley Grande, call us today (205) 326-3336
Truck Accidents Are Often Caused By Negligence
Valley Grande sees numerous large commercial trucks traveling through each day. When these massive vehicles are involved in collisions, victims are often left facing severe or permanent injuries.
While no two truck crashes are the same, some frequent causes include:
- Distracted driving or fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Employer pressure to drive excessive hours without rest
- Faulty truck maintenance leading to tire blowouts or brake failure
- Unsafe loading practices resulting in shifting cargo
- Speeding or aggressive driving behaviors
- Truck driver inexperience or lack of training
- Faulty vehicle parts
- Failure to submit to safety inspections
When trucking companies push drivers to unsafe limits or cut corners on vehicle safety, crashes become inevitable. A Valley Grande truck accident lawyer can investigate to determine the exact cause and identify all sources of liability, so you have the best chance possible of recovering fair and full compensation.
Serious Injuries Resulting from Truck Collisions
Due to their massive size and weight, collisions with trucks often inflict catastrophic injuries such as:
- Head trauma, traumatic brain injuries, or concussions
- Spinal cord damage leading to paralysis
- Amputations of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones or compound fractures
- Severe burn injuries
Many face not only long-term or permanent disabilities but also loss of income if unable to continue their careers, as well as mounting medical bills to pay for surgeries, rehabilitation therapy, prosthetics, and round-the-clock care that insurance often does not fully cover.
A trucking accident lawyer in Valley Grande can work to ensure you get compensation for your treatment and the resources necessary for future medical needs.
Why Work With a Valley Grande Truck Accident Attorney?
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Heninger Garrison Davis have an in-depth understanding of state and federal trucking regulations as well as the complex litigation intricacies that come with these types of cases. Specifically, an attorney will handle crucial tasks like:
Thoroughly interviewing all eyewitnesses to gather crucial testimony.
- Obtaining and carefully interpreting crucial crash data from vehicles’ black boxes to determine speed, braking efforts, and other insights into causation.
- Conducting in-depth investigations to identify all potentially liable parties, including the truck driver, trucking company, commercial vehicle parts manufacturers, and other stakeholders.
- Calculating not just current costs for ongoing medical care but carefully assessing future treatment needs and expenses over a lifetime that may run into the millions.
- Conducting a comprehensive analysis to determine both lost income during recovery and projected impacts on future earning capacity based on lasting injuries.
- Aggressively fighting low-ball settlement offers from insurance carriers determined to minimize payouts.
- Taking cases to trial when necessary to maximize recovery.
This allows victims and loved ones to avoid added stress and solely concentrate on recovery – both physical and emotional.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages in a Truck Accident Case
There are several types of damages victims may be entitled to collect in a truck accident lawsuit. Compensable damages include medical costs for injuries sustained, both current expenses and future medical needs. Lost wages for time missed from work can be recovered as well. Damage to your car is also recoverable.
Damages also account for pain and suffering. When injuries prevent victims from returning to their prior level of work, lost future earning potential can be claimed.
Cases involving severe or disfiguring injuries may qualify for disfigurement damages. Lastly, damages for loss of enjoyment of life are permitted in cases resulting in long-term hardship.
How Much does It Cost to Hire an Attorney for My Truck Accident Claim?
Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. This means clients do not pay hourly fees or costs upfront. Instead, the attorney only receives payment as a percentage of the total settlement awarded or damages won at trial.
Most importantly, you assume no monetary risk by hiring a contingency lawyer. You only pay in the event of a favorable settlement or verdict achieved through the attorney’s services.
Contact a Valley Grande Truck Accident Law Firm Today for a Free Case Evaluation
The team at Heninger Garrison Davis knows how drastically these accidents can affect people’s lives. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys has decades of combined experience handling truck accidents and fighting for the rights of victims.
We will not rest until justice has been served, and that means going toe-to-toe with massive insurance companies or using sophisticated accident reconstruction to establish liability.
We have successfully represented numerous victims of commercial trucking accidents, resulting in settlements and verdicts often totaling millions of dollars. Find out how our Birmingham-based truck accident attorneys can assist you further in a free, no-obligation consultation. Contact us today.